BeC-natura products boast of the most prestigious current accreditations in the sector, including European certifications UNI EN ISO 9001 and UNI EN ISO 14001,certification, ECOCERT and Qualità Vegetariana . Furthermore, our products are packaged using only certified materials FSC®, thus respecting nature and helping stop deforestation on a global level. These accreditations underline the scrupulous attention within the company which is aimed at maintaining the highest quality. Often when it comes to certifying organic and vegan products, the consideration begins and ends with food. We at BeC-natura are at the forefront of organic cosmetics development and production that respect nature, animals, and people.
Have you ever heard of ECOCERT?
ECOCERT GREENLIFE is an independent international organisation which was founded in France over 20 years ago with the mission of developing a more respectful, environmentally friendly form of agriculture. Since 1991, it has been considered one of the biggest certification bodies in the world, and whilst its headquarters are based in Europe, it carries out inspections in many countries throughout the world.
ECOCERT - What does it do?
The organisation examines cosmetic products, their natural ingredients and their natural, ecological qualities. The main principles of the Ecocert standard are to ensure that the cosmetic product is 'environmentally friendly', uses ingredients originating from renewable sources, and that the product is produced using eco-friendly processes.
There are two levels of certification, NATURAL and ORGANIC. Our “Terra Biocare” cosmetic line is certified as ORGANIC. To obtain the ECOCERT ORGANIC certification is a source of great pride as their standards of certification are very rigid and involve tight controls and scrupulous inspections. What are the necessary criteria for ECOCERT ORGANIC?
- At least 95% of the formula ingredients must be natural in origin and developed according to processes authorised by Ecocert;
- At least 95% of the raw herbal materials must be organic;
- At least 10% of the total ingredients present in the formula must be products of organic farming;
- It is forbidden to use raw materials originating from animals, apart from those produced naturally such as milk, honey, etc. ;
- It is forbidden to use synthetic colourings, petrochemical products, parabens, glycols, silicones, SLS/SLES;
- It is forbidden to use GMOs (genetically modified organisms);
- Moreover, it is desirable to use biodegradable and recyclable packaging
Our objective is to use an Integrated System of Quality, Environment, and Safety, made up of resources and procedures used for planning, development and control of various business activities, aimed at ensuring customer satisfaction and reducing the impact of potential environmental risks which may stem from production processes, production sites, and products.